don't click here

Sonic - Project Hero (2019 Demo out NOW!)

Project Overview

"Sonic - Project Hero" is a 3D Sonic Fan Game & custom, CLOSED SOURCE Framework, made for the Unity Game Engine and developed by me, Hero.
"Sonic - Project Hero" aims to launch Sonic, Tails & Knuckles into, simply, a fun 3 dimensional adventure through various locales, to stop Dr. Eggman's new scheme.
The game aims to introduce new and unique mechanics and mix-n'-match existing ones from the Sonic series, in order to create a fresh experience that'll hopefully be fun to go through!

SFGHQLogo.png

Screenshots and media!

------------2019 DEMO (Oct. 4th, 2019)--------------

To celebrate and honor the 2019 edition of the Sonic Amateur Games Expo (aka SAGE), "Sonic - Project Hero" is out to the public for the first time with a short, but relatively content-heavy Demo!

Get it HERE!
Mac Version
(Also available through the sidebar)

For more information about SAGE, check out this video by Expansion Pack!

Bonus Content

For social media, check out my YT Channel!

Discord Server:
--- UPDATE SEP. 2023 ---
The Sonic Project Hero Discord Server has been archived.
This link should be here for a while, if you want to take a look anyway.

Credits

HUGE thanks to everyone who supports/supported this project! I would've never achieved what I have so far without you all!

And special thanks to:
-minty cups
-D the Hedgehog
-「 D E R K 」
-sapphicSpadassin
-(Real)Cypher123
-Goalringmod27
-AzureBurst
-Ryboflavin
-Sir Giygas
-WizGenesis
-piggehperson
-Rishy
-Burst
-Geki
-spoon Scribble
-P3DR0
-Not So Greedy
and more!

Latest reviews

Why is this so good?
S
SonicTheHedgehog4313
how do i play the mac version
S
SonicTheHedgehog4313
this game is amazing i really love the sonic tails and knuckles characters and there super forms too
it handles decently and is just good, I prefer utopia(base handling and camera) and islands(creative movement design). I like some of the animations in this game such as the homing attack, the bounce is really cool and executed uniquely, the control mapping is good (unlike islands). the brake is horrible, it takes forever to slow down like in the boost games. The fov effect has been done well, the spin ball looks a little strange front on as it's a lot wider than the model (fixed in the newest showcased version). when going up a loop the camera looks at the ground instead of the character which can make it difficult to tell where you're going. I like that you can run on water. But yeah solid looking modern game.
It's still better than whatever the hell sega has ever made. I'm looking forward to the newer version it looks a lot better than what's shown here
Reactions: sanic da heg
this engine feels great! How do I play as tails and knuckles tho?
Reactions: sanic da heg

Comments

EDITED: I've resolved my PS4 controller issues and can safely say I thoroughly enjoy this demo! The handling is spot on, it feels fast but not out of control. Each character plays different down to the little details like max speeds, jump height and such. The animations are practically flawless and put most of actual real Sonic game developers to shame (excluding fan devs).

To make this game truly over the top, in my opinion:

1) Give Knuckles and Tails more then just a glowing aura in their super forms, please ^^; I know they only distinctively change colors and such in their hyper forms but it'd be interesting to see them transform like Sonic does rather then just gain an aura and increase speed.

2) At the very least 1 sprawling level for fans and testers to run around on rather then a confined space with a few loops and badnicks spread around. Granted this does sound a bit like choosingbegging and I apologize for it. I don't demand or even ask for it, though it'd be wonderful to play with ^^

3) Shadow, 'nuff said lol

4) I honestly love how the running on water feels and works in this game, especially Knuckles' ability to float in it, I wish there was more of a natural looking formed hole in the ground floor for players to run fully speed across rather then a square pool

None the less, this demo is fantastically crafted and anyone who's even a mild sonic fan should be encouraged to give this a try!
When you fix a problem like this, its a common courtesy to TELL PEOPLE HOW YOU FIXED IT!!! ****!!!!!!!!

Please help me fix this problem:when i try to boot the file up in the torrent it cant download, because of some "unknown error". Please guys help me

i cant properly dowload it ill click the download on the right and but it just downloads something i cant open i need help

You guys should add Silver. I think it would be a really cool add on to this amazing game

These dang Rar archives. I always get annoyed with them for making it difficult to try some of the things I heard good things about.

Please please, please!!! Can you guys please make a way to easily import maps on Unity, and if you can, HOW?!

This game would be SO MUCH FUN If there was a tutorial on how to import a map into the game! I would extremely appreciate it if you showed us how.

Thank you.

-SharablePlayzS

This is amazing. This is what sonic team should be striving to create. Ik that this is just a framework with no actual levels, i'm talking about the way that sonic controls, the animations, the way that he interacts with the environment., its all great. You took everything from the past 3D sonic games and created this beautiful and original take on the formula. I've been following this project from the beginning and I can tell that you actually have a passion for the sonic series. The way that tails and knuckles are implemented are amazing. It's the first time I can think of that they have been implemented in a good way. Just like the classic games, they are like sonic, but with their own gimmicks. That's exactly the way they should be. I can't express how good this is. The animations are super bouncy and fluid, the models are amazing, the traversal is great, the control is great, the speed and momentum are great. Everything is great. I can't wait until an actual level is made using your engine. This is just amazing. Thank you for this.
Could not have said it better myself! Sonic 3 & Knuckles will forever be the peak of sonic. All 3 main characters played similar yet had their own unique attributes that warranted having a favorite. My only critique is with the controls for knuckles when gliding. I feel they are a little too stiff and could use some slight adjustments to bring closer in line to adventure 2 style. Other than that that this really is a perfect example of what a modern day sonic games framework should be built around.

Item information

Added by
Hero
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.83 star(s) 29 ratings

Downloads

More in SAGE 2019 [Archive]

Share this item