don't click here

Sonic Overture [SAGE 2014 Demo]

Overview

Sonic Overture is a fan made prequel to the original Sonic the Hedgehog, created to tell the story of Sonic's adventures on Christmas Island.

This demo features all 3 acts of Sunrise Gate Zone, including a boss.

=Plot Synopsis=

Sonic Overture takes place on Christmas Island, Sonic's birthplace.

"Dr. Eggman is mining the island for the precious substance known as phossil to power his machines. To the dismay of its inhabitants, Dr. Eggman's mining operations have disrupted Christmas Island's Harmony Stones, throwing the island out of balance and locking it in a state of constant earthquakes. Sonic the Hedgehog, having enough, sets out to investigate the source of the problem as Dr. Eggman begins to investigate the mysterious South Island and the Special Zone. Sonic is not alone however, as a mischievous individual is trailing behind him..."

This game plays on much of the scrapped prototype material of the original Sonic the Hedgehog, such as canned designs and unused level imagery.

[Note: This demo was first made available in SAGE 2014, and as such, many things have been improved and worked on since.]

Visit our thread for future updates and releases of the game!

Updates

If you wish to contact the team, please contact @Jass either here, on Twitter, or Discord!

https://twitter.com/Jassbec

Jass #5867

You may also email the team as a whole at [email protected]
Reactions: Chen The Cat

Latest reviews

Sonic Overture is an amazing demo of a Sonic fangame. I had really enjoyed playing it and attempting to get through the three acts of Sunrise Gate as fast as I can. I found the ost in the game to be enjoyable as well, and just recently, I noticed there were some extra frames of animation when Sonic runs at full speed or bounces up on a spring. It's because of this that I hope Sonic overture can one day be complete.
Really good game.
This is really good! The music sounds great (boss theme is my jam lmao), The game plays amazingly well (also yes, having the spindash disabled by default makes sense) and the game looks absolutely GORGEOUS! Also
EGGMAN IS IN PYJAMAS AND THE RABBIT FROM SONIC'S PROTOTYPE DESIGNS IS HERE AND IT'S ALL SO AMAZING NGGGFKJGSGKGH
I
ILDB
Is this game still in production?
R
RobertAkio
I agree on the demo being amazing. I personally keep the spindash enabled for gameplay. But I really enjoy the games visuals and the ost is amazing I can listen to Sunrise gate act 2 or 3 for hours. Did you notice there are some extra frames on Sonics ears and quills when he runs at full speed?

Comments

There is one thing I can say about this demo, and that is how it is amazing. The one zone available, Sunrise Gate feels really well made, even if the stage wasn't finished. I would enjoy seeing a full version of the game.

Item information

Added by
Jass
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.40 star(s) 5 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item