don't click here

Brooke Vs. World Doom

This has been in my backlog ever since we've met and my God do I regret it. I was having a blast with this, the guns are so fun to shoot and destroy with. They are meaty and impactful. Brooke is also goofy and fun, in fact the entire game has this fun-loving atmosphere I'd say. The vaporwave-ish retro aesthetic doesn't go overboard and leaves plenty of breathing room for the stage theme at hand, I respect that. I really like the soundtrack too.

Some of the level design has a lack of 3D depth to it. You can especially see this in the gigantic Japanese tree themed level as you magic carpet from one floating red box to the next. You nailed it on the first level and in the first half of the arctic one though. It also tanks a little on my potato when the destructibles go and particles go out of hand, but it's managable.

Other than that, it's absolutely fantastic.
SlyBalto
SlyBalto
Wow thank you for the amazing review!! 💞 So happy you think the weapons are fun to use, was really trying to give every gun that "umph" that makes you feel unstoppable. I am soooo happy to hear that I got the aesthetic right!! I wanted to make something that's flavored in synthwave, but wasn't just a bunch of synthwave assets thrown together in a blender haha.

Yeah for the Ancient Tree level that was one of the earlier levels I built and I'm not too thrilled with the current state of it. I was trying to think of ways to revamp some areas of it as well as some other levels that don't feel that great.

I can try adding a way to tone down the particles too so it's easier to run too!

Thanks again for the awesome feedback, will start working on all of this ASAP! 😎
T
The-Syreth-Clan
Wait, did I seriously call synthwave vaporwave? Oops
SlyBalto
SlyBalto
(Funny thing is I was inspired by both haha😂)