don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Blazing Worldstars

General Information

Blazing Worldstars is bringing you back to the 90s arcade era of the fighting games, with fast paced 2D traditional fighting inspired by the likes of Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and Marvel vs Capcom! Below is our social pages and demo page on Itch.io!

Featuring the Enhance System! We have put a lot of time and effort into the characters and story of Blazing Worldstars. The gameplay is, however, perhaps the most exciting aspect of this game.

This demo features the normal battle mechanics, being 1on1 battles, with mechanics familiar to those who have played King of Fighters and Street Fighter! But with the added frenzy of the Enhance System! (And no it will not feature DJ Khaled.)

View attachment 15600

So, what is the Enhance System?

In a nutshell, it is something that adds one more layer of complexity and strategy to the gameplay. Warrior Instincts, which are fighting abilities, cost a single bar from your Enhance Meter. To go into Enhance Mode, on the other hand, you need to fill your Enhance Meter entirely. This means that you need to be diligent about how, when, and why you use your Enhance Meter. Do you wait? Do you strike first? It's up to you.

Other than the Enhance System, gameplay requires you to learn a few other things that will seem new. We have based the movements generally on the most popular 2D fighters. Attacks use a 6-button system, with 3P and 3K inputs in mind plus macro buttons for 3P and 3K. Again, of course, Warrior Instincts and Enhance Mode serve as a differentiator in attack styles and strategies.

Each fighter is working with a series of special moves and extra equipment, all adapted to the character's personality and story.

In order to keep gameplay balanced and active, you can only parry while you are on the ground. This is similar to the beloved mechanics in SF3S. Use your parry to punish those who make reckless decisions!

Other moves include throws (which you perform via LP+LK and which you can tech by pressing in the direction your opponent is looking to throw you). Characters' throws whose moves include command throws are, however, unbreakable; cancels, which you can use to break into different moves; and stingers, which you can use to punish an opponent making a reckless move with a heavy attack.

Striking an opponent making unsafe options with a heavy attack will lead into larger hitstun or crumple states, these are called Stingers! Look for the perfect chance to knock the wind out of your enemies and follow up to give them the business!

On top of all this, there are Desperation Arts, which are the “super moves” in Blazing Worldstars. Each character gets two Desperation Arts, to deal massive damage, though some Desperation Arts only work in Enhance Mode.

We have planned a unique universe for Blazing Worldstars. Rather than putting generic fighters up against each other, we have chosen to expand on the personalities you meet. Toward that end, we have enlisted upcoming and talented, voice actors to play these roles. Here they are!

When we started working on Blazing Worldstars, we knew what we wanted to create – because we knew what our favorite type of game was. To us, nothing was ever as fun as the 90s-era arcade fighters. You know what we are talking about: Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and Marvel vs. Capcom. This is a game that is proud of its roots, but also enthusiastic about trying something new. The Enhance System, combined with our nostalgia-inducing art, and a vision for an at home fighting game experience is exactly what this genre needs.

We can't wait for you to try it yourself! And if you enjoyed the Demo and want to support this game, we have a Patreon page, any shares or support of our page is greatly appreciated and helps as the team is working passionately on a project that we hope to wow audiences with!

Patch Update v0.3.2:
Changes to characters jump arcs, here are the value changes:
Mesmerle Staiguichi:
  • Jump Speed: 1.5
  • Min. Jump Force: 18
  • Jump Force: 22
  • Forward Jump Distance: 8
  • Back Jump Distance: 8
  • Air Jump: 1
  • Air Attack: 1
Batrice Avegue:
  • Jump Speed: 1.3
  • Jump Force: 20
  • Forward Jump Distance: 7
  • Back Jump Distance: 7
  • Air Attack: 1
Matthias Buragi:
  • Jump Speed: 1.6
  • Jump Force: 24
  • Forward Jump Distance: 9
  • Back Jump Distance: 8
  • Air Attack: 2
Veil:
  • Jump Speed: 1.5
  • Jump Force: 24
  • Forward Jump Distance: 9
  • Back Jump Distance: 9
  • Air Attack: 3 (Veil's Jumping normals will be added within future patches, please be patience, as we are currently working to refactor the game asset code!)

Reactions: Ice

Latest reviews

Honestly playing this game is a revelation, as is, it's just an engine test but because there are actual characters with personality and designs I can pretty much say this is a game.
Even with the few features it has, however, I am shocked of how good the engine itself performs, it's fast paced, it very responsive and it plays very well.
Sure, the computer can try and cheese me if I am being dumb, but if I am being smart I can turn the tables and cheese them too.
And the characters themselves while nothing new or crazy, they are serviceable for a fighting game, I mean "if it's not broken, don't fix it". it's even better this way since it makes sense to people that played fighing games before(IE: me) and people that didn't.
And of course I can't forget to mention that the animation and the pixel art are great, and the music is good too,
In short, the game, even if just started, it has a lot of potential, I am excited to see how it grows.
Reactions: F108_Star

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Scootieshin
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads