don't click here

Astral Blitz - SAGE2020 Demo

General Information

Greetings and welcome to the Astral Blitz page!

Original idea created by PixelEric and given life by DaNinjaManZ, Astral Blitz is a shoot 'em up that we have been developing on and off around late 2018 as a two man team new to game development. Since then the team has gained a few extra members and so, we are doing our best to make Astral Blitz the best game it can be!

Astral Blitz takes a lot of its inspiration from all kinds of shoot 'em ups, from old classics to modern gems. The core ideas come from classic titles such as R-Type, Gradius and ThunderForce, while new titles such as Zero Ranger and Devil Engine helped us expand our ideas in new ways, but we have some tricks up our sleeves to make things feel unique enough. Our primary goal with this game is to make as hype of a shmup as our abilities and minds will allow us, and gain more experience as future indie developers. We hope you enjoy what we have to offer, with our game!

Follow us on Twitter at @CrossGearGames for more updates.

DISCLAIMER Due to time constraints, the demo is sadly quite a bit simpler and shorter than we originally intended. We plan to update the demo periodically in order to be of the quality we originally had hoped it to be. We thank you for your interest in trying out our little shmup, and hope to improve it as much as we possibly can.
Reactions: SpiffyRuffleroni

Latest reviews

Well this is rather short, isn't it? First boss and it ended for me. Yeah, I know this is a demo, but I was sorta expecting something more? But no matter, what is presented here is something promising in my eyes, I really like the NES look and feel of it. Keep up the good work.
Reactions: DaNinjaManZ

Comments

That was really short. You've told me that there's another version, so I'll have to check it out. I enjoyed the way the background had pseudo-parallax scrolling like a late NES game. Felt authentic.

Item information

Added by
PixelEric
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

Share this item