don't click here

Sonic Mania (WARNING: SPOILERS)

ElectricSparx

Green Hill Zone
Aug 29, 2017
The Earth
electricsparx.deviantart.com
I do wish the Insta-Shield wasn't an unlock relegated to No-Save mode. IMHO Drop Dash should have been down + jump in mid-air. If this is supposed to be a sequel to Sonic 3 and Knuckles, why the hell was the Insta-Shield not a move you had at the beginning of the game? It always felt satisfying to make mincemeat out of bosses with skillful use of it.

Also Blue Sphere is nice, but I still miss the classic gumball machine, magnetic orbs and slot machine bonus stages. Those were really fun.

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space

as you can see ive been playing mania today
this image is slightly old as i already have the 5th emerald and i'm already in chemical plant 1
Update: Already got all of the emeralds by CPZ2, could've gotten them all by CPZ1 but SS6 fucked me over.

Last edited:

TheBlueRenegade

Play Sonic Mania
Sep 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Sonic Mania is indeed a fun time, definitely my favourite Sonic in years, if not of all time.
Anyway, I've been able to break the game a lot using Debug Mode.

This is probably the most interesting thing I've found though. Turns out you can discover "loopback" versions of the levels (level maps with no collision or objects) by placing signposts on the far left of the starting position. Not much you can do but it's pretty interesting and I've been able to break the backgrounds of both Studiopolis and Press Garden.

Steven M

Green Hill Zone
Sep 11, 2017
Here's hoping for some kind of DLC pack of extra Special Stages, these are the best yet in the series

SlumberGlss

Nintender? Who's that?
Aug 29, 2017
It's fun to do all the blue sphere stages, then later on you unlocked even more blue spheres.
As if it wasn't a pain in the ass already lol.