don't click here

Anime

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
(私は、私の言葉や行動があなたに語りうる言葉にもかかわらず、中国の漫画のファンではありません。)

Yep, it was gonna be made eventually. Discuss anything anime here.

Lately I've been doing nothing but watching old Dragon Ball episodes. I will have to catch up on Boku No Hero Season 2, though.

Try and keep the "anime was a mistake, weeb, chinese cartoons" memes to at least a minimum. We don't want this thread flooded with jokes when someone actually wants to discuss a show.

That Fucking Fish

The dedicated fish of the team.
Aug 29, 2017
Chongqing, China
I've been watching the Super Milk Chan flash shorts since those got subbed recently. I have to say though due to the shorter, more streamlined nature of the shorts (they were made to play on the website, never aired on TV or on DVD, and were at one point possibly lost) I kinda like them less. The 90s episodes were a lot more similar but had the bonus of looking really nice due to the art and the cel animation. However, while they're nothing too innovative, the "Oh! Super Milk Chan!" episodes were the bet IMO. The comedy can get a little referential or a little dated, but it's fun to watch, and I like how slow it is, nothing much happens besides the main characters talking on the phone in some episodes, and normally that'd be a problem but for this situation I think it handles that sort of calm concept well.

SlumberGlss

Nintender? Who's that?
Aug 29, 2017
Jojo is the best, finest, anime for me.
Manly Men fighting with magical powers with weird but nice outfit designs.

ChaosFusion

Coffee Addict
Aug 29, 2017
Been watching My Hero Academia lately. Great show.
Still no Jojo Part 5 Announcement yet.
AoT season 2 was good. Ended up Reading ahead in the manga and yeah, now I won't have shit spoilt for a while.
Have plans to watch Redline and Space Dandy soonish.

ChaosFusion

Coffee Addict
Aug 29, 2017
yeah, i am waiting for jojo part 5
isn't it like, dios relative in part 5
Yeah, It's Dio's Son. Giorno Giovanna
Or is it Jonathan's Son?
Space Dandy is worth it, even the dub is good, I have both seasons on DVD and I'm willing to shill for hours over it.
Thats good to hear. Friend speaks nothing but praise for the show so that's what caught my interest to begin with.

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
All I need is OPM season 2 and MP100 season 2

edit: and anything else made by Studio Trigger or Bones

Isla

Now with 100% more "s"
Aug 30, 2017
Only thing I've been watching that's recent is Sakura Quest. It's refreshing to have a show with a cast of characters that's actually out of high school, and the series very intelligently tackles issues like gentrification and old traditions. Definitely worth checking out. Final episode airs this week too.

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
I've been rewatching the later parts of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood recently. It's a big influence on the kind of stories I want to tell (along with Madoka Magica and Dragon Ball), and it's just that great of a show. I can't wait for the movie either.

As for shows I want to watch this season, I think The Ancient Magus Bride looks really promising.

PFHedge

Green Hill Zone
Oct 16, 2017
I'm starting out with anime, and I'm working through Cowboy Bebop at the moment. I really enjoyed AoT, as well as OPM. The music for all of these series is phenomenal.