don't click here

Fan Game Klonoa - The Dream Chapter

Taldius

Green Hill Zone
Jun 7, 2019
Hello SFGHQ people, I'm Taldius, nice to meet you.

I know it's not a Sonic related but while I was waiting for my sound designer friends to produce the sounds of my Sonic fan game, I made this small Klonoa fan game.

What is this game:

I was wondering what a Klonoa game would look like if it has some Third Person Shooter gameplay and rocket jumps. So I opened Unreal Engine 4 for the first time (I usually use Unity) and created this small prototype in two weeks.

Why Klonoa:

I always loved Klonoa with his Sonic-like design (it's like Tails cool brother) but with such a dynamic design, I thought his games was kind of slow and rigid. So I was thinking about a faster gameplay and it ended up like a mix of Klonoa and Quake (almost called the game Qulonoake).

What's next:

I know I'll disapoint some people, but I'm not planning on contuining. I had an idea in mind and I just wanted to see how it would play.

Credits:
  • Character models come from The Models Resource
  • Environment elements come from Kenney asset bundles
  • And a big thank you to the Klonoa fans. Their enthusiasm motivated me to make something enjoyable and not just a dirty greybox prototype.

I hope you like it, in any case feel free to tell me what you think of it.
See you later!

AnonImousse

Press Start Screen
Jul 4, 2020
I like the execution of the platforming gimmicks, however I feel that the enemies and moving obstacles are just too slow, and way too spaced out to feel as a threat. Yeah you're no longer planning on continuing from this tech demo, but I just wanted to point that out.

Reactions: Taldius

Taldius

Green Hill Zone
Jun 7, 2019
I like the execution of the platforming gimmicks, however I feel that the enemies and moving obstacles are just too slow, and way too spaced out to feel as a threat. Yeah you're no longer planning on continuing from this tech demo, but I just wanted to point that out.
Actually I feel quite the same about the general speed of the game, I'm hesitating to modify it, but I need to finish the Sonic Revert demo at the moment.

Reactions: AnonImousse

AnonImousse

Press Start Screen
Jul 4, 2020
Actually I feel quite the same about the general speed of the game, I'm hesitating to modify it, but I need to finish the Sonic Revert demo at the moment.
's cool, plus I prefer to see work on the Revert project anyhow. :^)