don't click here

Feedback Thread

P3DR0

Administrator
Apr 26, 2017
Brass Hill Zone, Act 2
Hello and welcome to the brand new SFGHQ.
We have been working on this for a while now and we're very happy to finally be able to share this with you guys.

Despite the release, the forums are still on beta. So not everything is in place yet and should take a while before it is. Please use this thread to report anything wrong with it. Broken text, weird images, ugly stuff and so on...

We hope you all have a great time!

LookOutItsShadow

The coolest!
Aug 29, 2017
Australia
chevertheshrimp.deviantart.com
Thanks for testing it out on iPad, looks dope!

The asset borking is something we're aware of and should look into in the next few days, hopefully.
No problem! I know getting things to function on iPad can be more difficult as well as not everyone will have one to test. It's alright if the assets can't be fixed with the screen resizing as it's nothing majorly breaking, just mostly ugly.

Ps. The quote system is fantastic, very clear and easy to see.

LookOutItsShadow

The coolest!
Aug 29, 2017
Australia
Apologies for a double post but just spotted another small issue. I noticed the text box for the "About you" section in the profile settings is invisible and I almost thought it was a bit of a browser issue. Might confuse a few people. It's also the same on PC as well.

Edit: Signature edit text field is also invisible.
IMG_1753.PNG

P3DR0

Administrator
Apr 26, 2017
Brass Hill Zone, Act 2
Apologies for a double post but just spotted another small issue. I noticed the text box for the "About you" section in the profile settings is invisible and I almost thought it was a bit of a browser issue. Might confuse a few people. It's also the same on PC as well.

Edit: Signature edit text field is also invisible.
View attachment 110
That's mostly on Xenforo's as it does it with pretty much every major field, it's not so bad with forum posts but some stuff can get a bit confusing. It will be like that for much of the forums as it's not just a simple css edit we can do. But we're aware and will look into it in due time since it requires some tweaking in some weird shit I'm still not comfortable enough to mess around with much until I know exactly how it works. But I'll look into it in the future, don't worry!

LookOutItsShadow

The coolest!
Aug 29, 2017
Australia
That's mostly on Xenforo's as it does it with pretty much every major field, it's not so bad with forum posts but some stuff can get a bit confusing. It will be like that for much of the forums as it's not just a simple css edit we can do. But we're aware and will look into it in due time since it requires some tweaking in some weird shit I'm still not comfortable enough to mess around with much until I know exactly how it works. But I'll look into it in the future, don't worry!
No problem, lucky it's not to big but at least you got it in sights!

LookOutItsShadow

The coolest!
Aug 29, 2017
Australia
Oh yeah, apologies again for the double post (I know I can edit but I like to give each issue a seperate post so you don't miss em) but I noticed with the thread subscribing that both created and replied threads are lumped into the one option when you choose wether to auto sub threads or not. I would like to auto sub my own createdthreads, but not threads I reply to but sadly there's no available option for me to have one or the other. Only both or none. I know it's small but I do know that it's an option a few people would like to have seperate.

ElectricSparx

Green Hill Zone
Aug 29, 2017
The Earth
electricsparx.deviantart.com
Site seems pretty neat so far. Haven't really noticed any issues. Definitely liking the sound of the convenience features you've added, will definitely make posting a lot smoother.

EDIT: Oh of course after I post this I notice an issue: When clicking on people's profiles, the forums doesn't handle Twitter and Skype links properly. Doesn't even show any of the other links I've put on my profile, either.

Kosyne

[REDACTED]
Aug 29, 2017
It will be fixed automatically once we get some submissions!

By the way, you can Ctrl+V images over here instead of having to upload them!
I use sharex, so it's actually more work to Ctrl+v them :v

Though if it could do image previews for links [edit: automatically, without tags/etc, not unlike discord embeds], that'd be pretty nice.

Last edited:

ArcaniaCQ

Marble Zone
Aug 29, 2017
Sweden
This may be intended but in the "Users Online Now" Tab if you press a username for example CaveQuest you will get an error instead of their profile.